- Japanese subtitles -
When you first start studying Japanese, learning verbs seems very easy. Verbs in the present, past, affirmative, and negative forms are the same up to the nomimus. However, various forms such as “drink,” “not drink,” and “drank” appear, and only up to nom (or up to no in the case of “drank”) is the invariant part of the verb kept.
Therefore, it is important to learn how to change these verbs. It may seem difficult, but it is not difficult at all if you follow the rules and get used to them. Let me advise you on a few points today.
There are not many verb variants, if only the basic ones. Among them, the following four forms are the most basic. Let’s take “drink” and “eat” as examples.
(1) Dictionary form (e.g., “drink” and “eat”) 辞書形（例「飲む」「食べる」）
(2) Masu form (e.g., “drink”, “eat”) マス形（例「飲みます」「食べます」）
(3) Nai form (e.g., “do not drink”, “do not eat”) ナイ形（例「飲まない」「食べない」）
(4) Te form (e.g. “drink”, “eat”) テ形（例「飲んで」「食べて」）
Do you know what a palindrome is?
A sentence that reads the same whether you read it from the beginning or the end is called a kaibun.
Does your language have palindromes?
Review of e-learning course
- Greetings. Let’s get started! | No.1
- Let’s master katakana! | No. 2
- Have you mastered numbers? | No. 3
- Use your calendar! | No. 4
- The key to studying | No. 5
- [Video] How Characters Work 1 | No. 6
- [Video] How Characters Work 2 | No. 7
- [Video] How Characters Work 3 | No. 8
- Recommended Textbooks | No. 9
- The secret to learning a language | No. 10
- [Video] Let’s understand Japanese sounds! 1 | No. 11
- [Q&A] Why do you say “I’m sorry” when you say “Thank you”? | No. 12
- [Video] Let’s understand Japanese sounds! 2 | No. 13
- [Video] Student testimonial | No. 14
- [Video] Japanese Form, nouns, verbs, adjectives | No. 15
- [Video] Mastering the Japanese postposition | No. 16
- Podcasts useful for learning Japanese | No. 17
- Let’s use a polite form | No. 18
- [Video] Mastering the Japanese Form 3 | No. 19
- Useful apps for learning Japanese | No. 20
- [Video] Japanese postposition | No. 21
- The list of verb conjugation | No. 22
- Popular Japanese manga | No. 23
- [Video] Mastering the Japanese Form 4 | No. 24
- Summary of plain and polite forms | No. 25
- Review video learning | No. 26
- Useful websites for learning Japanese | No. 27
- [Video] Have you learned the conjugation of verbs? | No. 28
- What are -u verbs? | No. 29
- [Video] About verb groups | No. 30
- What are -Ru verbs? | No. 31
- [Video] Do you know the rules for verb conjugation? | No. 32
- [Q&A] Why do pedestrians wait even when there is no car? | No. 33
- What are -Irregular verbs? | No. 34
The HH JapaNeeds Team
Your tutor. Your time. Your location.