U-verb conjugation are summarized in the table.
-u verbs are formed by adding – u to the end.
The u verb works in the same way as the ru verb. u verbs do not necessarily end with the hiragana “u”. Since the last vowel must be “u,” the last hiragana must be either “ku,” “su,” “tsu,” “nu,” or “ru. The distinction between u and ru verbs is simple.
All verbs ending in u are u verbs except those ending in ru.
However, some u verbs also end in ru. the way to distinguish between verbs ending in ru and u verbs is to look at the vowel before the ending ru. if there is an i or e before ru, it is a ru verb. if there is another vowel before ru, the verb is an uverb. if there is an i or e before ru, it is an uverb. if there is an e before ru, it is an uverb.
We have 3 kinds of verbs in Japanese. Dictionary form changes to different forms depending on which verbs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Review of e-learning course
- Greetings. Let’s get started! | No.1
- Let’s master katakana! | No. 2
- Have you mastered numbers? | No. 3
- Use your calendar! | No. 4
- The key to studying | No. 5
- [Video] How Characters Work 1 | No. 6
- [Video] How Characters Work 2 | No. 7
- [Video] How Characters Work 3 | No. 8
- Recommended Textbooks | No. 9
- The secret to learning a language | No. 10
- [Video] Let’s understand Japanese sounds! 1 | No. 11
- [Q&A] Why do you say “I’m sorry” when you say “Thank you”? | No. 12
- [Video] Let’s understand Japanese sounds! 2 | No. 13
- [Video] Student testimonial | No. 14
- [Video] Japanese Form, nouns, verbs, adjectives | No. 15
- [Video] Mastering the Japanese postposition | No. 16
- Podcasts useful for learning Japanese | No. 17
- Let’s use a polite form | No. 18
- [Video] Mastering the Japanese Form 3 | No. 19
- Useful apps for learning Japanese | No. 20
- [Video] Japanese postposition | No. 21
- The list of verb conjugation | No. 22
- Popular Japanese manga | No. 23
- [Video] Mastering the Japanese Form 4 | No. 24
- Summary of plain and polite forms | No. 25
- Review video learning | No. 26
- Useful websites for learning Japanese | No. 27
- [Video] Have you learned the conjugation of verbs? | No. 28
- What are -u verbs? | No. 29
The HH JapaNeeds Team
Your tutor. Your time. Your location.